Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Recommended Wildlife Camera?

I work at the San Diego Wild Animal and am in desperate need of a new good quality camera. I need a camera that has...





- zoom thats good with far distances as well as close up shots


-video recorder with sound


-image stabilization for active/pacing animals


-good battery life


-clear sharp images





Any recommendations? I'm open to any brand and any reasonable price!Recommended Wildlife Camera?
Talk to your Chief Photographer in San Diego or the PR department at Sea World ... both have full systems, still, digital, video and 16 mm motion picture.





They can help.





When I worked shooting animals, we used Nikon's with a whole bunch of lenses as well as a Eclair 16 mm camera. Both San Diego Zoo and Sea World had Brooks alum working for them, so they were up to date on all the latest camera gear that was suitable for use when shooting animals





Are you in the animal husbandry part of the park?





When shooting amimals now, I use a Nikon D3 and the following lenses (the same as used when shooting sports) 12-24 mm, 24-70 mm, 400 mm and 600 mm lenses. When I need black and while, I use most of the same lenses using a Nikon f5

No comments:

Post a Comment